Car disposal in New South Wales involves selling your vehicle and transferring ownership to another owner. Once the sale is complete, it is a legal requirement to submit a Notice of Disposal(NOD). This can be done online on the Service NSW website or in person at a NSW Service Centre.
What Documents Do You Need?
- The vehicle’s NSW registration details
- Your NSW Driver Licence or Photo Card details
- The buyer’s NSW Driver Licence
- The NSW motor dealer’s licence number and registered business name (if you sold a vehicle to a dealership)
- The sale date (known as the date of disposal)
- The sale price or market value of the vehicle (whichever is higher)
- A MyServiceNSW Account (optional).
What Are The Elegibility Criteria?
You cannot submit a NOD online if:
- You don’t have a NSW Driver Licence or Photo Card
- You have a conditional vehicle registration
- You’re disposing of the vehicle on behalf of a company or an organisation
- The buyer resides interstate and holds an interstate driver licence
- The buyer is an interstate motor dealer who doesn’t have a NSW motor dealer licence number.
If you cannot submit online, you’ll need to submit a paper form at a Service NSW Centre or by mail.
Why submit a Notice Of Car Disposal In NSW
Until you submit the notice of disposal, your details remain tied to the vehicle’s registration, making you liable for any penalties incurred by the new owner. Submitting the notice promptly, within 14 days of selling, is crucial to avoid late submission fees and penalties incurred by future owners.
Who Can You Sell Your Car To?
A vehicle can be sold to another individual in a private sale or to a company, such as a dealership or a cash for cars service. Cash for cars companies or wreckers provides an eco-friendly solution for old vehicles that offers you top dollar.
Benefits of Selling To A Cash For Cars Company
Getting your car removed through this way not only provides cash value for the owner but also ensures responsible disposal. The vehicle is dismantled, providing valuable parts for repairs and recycling significant amounts of metal for the production of new materials.
You’ll also get top dollar for your unwanted car on top of free removal!
How We Can Help
Metro Car Removal is one of the top car removal businesses in Sydney and can help you with all paperwork. If you are looking to get rid of your car for cash – we offer some of the best rates in Sydney.
We can also help you with all the paperwork including submitting a NOD.
For a no-obligation quote get in touch with us on 0422 600 833 or submit an inquiry through our online form!